Sunday, February 11, 2007

Dan Zanes wins Grammy


Dan Zanes and Father Goose
Photo by REUTERS/Mike Blake


"Catch That Train!" by Dan Zanes and Friends won the 2007 Grammy award for Best Musical Album for Children. Huzzah, huzzah! Bede, Lucia and I are going to one of the Dan Zanes concerts in April, and we've got front row tickets. It'll be Lucia's first time in the mosh pit.

During his acceptance speech, Dan Zanes said, "We have such power in the creative community. And I just hope that when we got back to our homes that we will sing some songs together. The more songs we sing together the better chance we have for a peaceful America, and an America where everyone feels accepted."
Source: The Bellingham Herald

Storyteller Bill Harley won the Grammy for Best Spoken Word Album for Children with Blah Blah Blah: Stories About Clams, Swamp Monsters, Pirates & Dogs. I haven't heard the album, but I've seen Bill Harley do storytelling (with guitar), I've retold some of his stories, and I'm pleased for Bill Harley as well.

Not nominated but fully deserving: Elizabeth Mitchell's You Are My Little Bird. This album is my birthday present of choice to give to the under-5 set.

No comments: