Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Child tutorial on NaturalKids blog

I'm glad to be able to present for Crafty Thursday a tutorial on the NaturalKids blog about how to make a wood and felt snow child. The pattern and tutorial comes courtesy of Beth Curtin of Acorn Pies and the Etsy shop Primroses.

Do you know how labor intensive tutorials are? I tried to do one last year when I made a felt lion for that year's class auction progress, and quickly lost steam. I realized that if I ever got a tutorial together, I would need to start with a simple project. Anyway, tutorials like the one linked give me a renewed appreciation for the process of teaching.

3 comments:

Story said...

so cute...little gnomes of the snow! I love all the little creatures on your blog...they give me great ideas for storytelling....

Yorkshire Pudding said...

SPOOKY! Those children don't have eyes! They must have been to see the nasty Snow Queen!

Saints and Spinners said...

Story: Thanks so much!

YP: It is interesting how some people see the absence of features as allowing children's imaginations to flourish, and others get a little weirded out by them. My daughter didn't care for the featureless faces on dolls in her Waldorf school until she had her first doll with features.