Friday, June 12, 2009

Song of the Week: Quelqu'un m'a dit

I heard the music of singer/song-writer Carla Bruni four weeks ago in a local shop. She was born in Italy, but became a French citizen. Two years ago, she married the French president Nicholas Sarkozy. Her music has been circling through my brain, and in particular, the song "Quelqu'un m'a dit" has taken up residence. Here is Bruni performing the song live:



I found an English translation of the song which you may read here. While the particulars are helpful to know, I don't think one needs the translation to understand that the song is about hope and longing.

Next week's postings will probably be sparse as the family is going on vacation to Santa Fe for a week. However, I plan to spend some time with my blogroll and catch up on your lives and books.

1 comment:

Myth said...

What a beautiful lady - and a lovely song :)

Have a great holiday!

PS. Wombat seems to have caught Lucia's bug lol I wonder if illness is contagious online? Thank goodness the cat's are healthy (so far...)