Monday, April 20, 2009

Third Place Winner: Hannah Mahoney

Are you familiar with Susan Beth Pfeffer's Life as We Knew It and the dead and the gone? You in particular will appreciate the third place winner in the Unnecessary Children's Book Sequels Contest:

Kitty’s First Meteor Hurtling on a Terrifying Death Path Toward Earth

Henkes goes for the dark side in the sequel to Kitten’s First Full Moon. Please note that scenes of worldwide panic and of the apocalyptic destruction of the eastern seaboard may not be appropriate for the very youngest readers. -Hannah Mahoney (Copy Manager, Candlewick Press)

As a bonus, Minh Le has designed a poster for the movie adaptation.

Don't forget to take a look at the honorable mentions for all of the Wild Things adaptations plus I am Still a Bunny.

Thank you to Pipers athe Gates of Dawn and Pilcrow for their judging work.

Update: In addition to the DVD of Jim Henson's "The Storyteller" (season 1), Hannah is getting a small-handmade item from me. Even though I don't do as well with cloth animals as I do with cloth humans, I made Hannah a little white cat. In lieu of a meteor, here is the little white cat next to one of Bede's cats:

7 comments:

Myth said...

lol... congratulations Hannah!

Poor kitty :P Can't wait to see the poster!

Lone Star Ma said...

Ha! I love it!

Sam said...

Good stuff! So many children's books AREN'T suitable for children - like Swimmy with it's mass sibling death, for instance. It's great to see one that acknowledges the coming carnage up front.

Anonymous said...

Tee-Kitten's First Armageddon. The sad thing is that I'd totally go watch that movie.

Jules at 7-Imp said...

I'd join Adrienne in the next seat. Very funny stuff.

Minh said...

I'll get the popcorn!

Elaine Magliaro said...

Ah...an apocalyptic children's book--akin to the "Rapture" for kids??? Save a seat for me. I'll bring the Junior Mints!