Saturday, July 28, 2007

Simpsons avatars and DC Comics superheroes

Here's a bit of Saturday silliness... the Simpsons (TM) versions of the House of Glee:



Thanks to the Goddess of Clarity for the diversion. Now, I've got to tackle the monsters in my room: dust bunnies, stacks of papers that need to be filed or shredded, and possibly cat vomit under the bed. I'm sure it'll inspire a song. Speaking of songs, my guitar teacher said he'll help me record an mp3 of Superhero Teaparty. I'm planning on making some revisions to the song, mainly making the superheroes all DC comics characters (sorry, LoneStarPa, I know you're a Marvel Man). I may put Green Arrow into the song. I've had a thing for the Green Arrow ever since I started watching Justice League Unlimited. I think Green Arrow is quite the hottie in a totally-not-my-type kind of way:

Maybe it's because Oliver Queen/Green Arrow relocated from Star City to make Seattle his new home?

4 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

What is a flush toilet without a ballcock? The proud name of Thomas Crapper has been sullied by ill-informed mudslingers. I dispute your dispute madam!

By the way loving the Simpsons avatars!

Saints and Spinners said...

YP: I know how hard it is to find out that the things you always believed to be held true are factually in error. I'm always torn between not wanting to ruin anyone's fun and not being able to let something factually incorrect slide. Just think, though: Thomas Crapper's loss is Sir John Harington's (the true inventor) gain.

I'm glad you like the avatars. I had to do a little tweaking to attempt proper scale.

El JoPe Magnifico said...

Dear Ms. The Gleeful,

What is it that you women find so irresistible about that man???

Verdantly Yours,
Señor Magnifico

Saints and Spinners said...

Señor Magnifico,

Perhaps it's because Green Arrow is an "old leftie" fighting for justice for the "little man?" Maybe it's because he's a superhero without superpowers (a la Batman), but with a slightly more cheerful demeanor. Yeah, he's gruff, but he does have a long-standing romantic partnership with Black Canary, unlike Batman, who won't get into long-term relationships with women because if the villains ever found out his true identity, they'd use her to get to him, blah blah blah. Maybe it's because he's a Seattle guy now. Who's to say? I can definitely vouch that it's NOT the outfit.