Thursday, November 03, 2011

Nativity Set collaboration with Bossy's Feltworks

Two summers ago, Mandy of Bossy's Feltworks collective commissioned two butterfly fairy dolls from me as Christmas presents for her daughters. She asked if I would be interested in a trade, and I replied that yes indeed, I appreciate flying chickens. Last summer, I wrote Mandy a note in which I said, "I've often thought about how much fun it would be to do a combined Nativity set with different artisans." Kari, another member of Bossy's Feltworks, replied to that note and said, "I love the idea!" And so, a collaboration was born. I finally got to meet all three of the artisans (Mandy Troxel, Kari Van Gelder, Amy Lum) on Labor Day weekend when my family went to visit Orcas Island for a little vacation prior to school's starting. The day was sunny and warm, as were the artisans. You may read more about them here.

Our four 13 piece Nativity sets are complete, and each shop will list two sets. Mine are here and here. I made a little stop-action animation video to showcase our work (and thanks to The Enchanted Cupboard, there are wintery trees in the background):