Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Gluten Free Sweet Potato Muffins et al

I posted a Gluten Free Sweet Potato Spice Muffin recipe over at the Natural Kids blog. The muffins freeze well. Here are some other yummy gluten-free* items I've made recently from Gluten Free on a Shoestring, by Nicole Hunn (blog link has her book link on the sidebar):

Popovers


I boiled the bagels...


...and then baked the bagels:


When a friend said that he wanted biscotti, I baked those, too:


I haven't yet attempted Hunn's newly-developed gluten-free pita bread recipe, but I've got my pizza crisper now, and I'm going to make it. Soon.

*My daughter is on a trial gluten-free diet. So far, so good.

6 comments:

Lone Star Ma said...

I'm sure my nut-free daughter wishes she had a mother with your kitchen skills and enthusiasm to make things for her! That's wonderful!

tanita davis said...

Those are really beautiful.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Tanita sent me over here to make sure I got some lovin on this! They look mahvalous!!! I follow GF shoe String on FB and I love her!

Saints and Spinners said...

Thank you, all! And Andromeda, how lovely to see you here.

I attempted pita bread tonight, and it was a colossal failure. That's the way the dough crumbles, sometimes. I plan to order Better Batter flour soon and Try Again.

adrienne said...

Mmmmmmm.

I haven't tried making my own bagels yet (GF or otherwise), although I have made soft pretzels with the same boil-and-bake process. It's a fun afternoon project.

Melissa Taylor said...

okay, YUM - I'm excited to make these. Thanks! And, glad your spam bot post is working. :)