Monday, November 01, 2010

Completed Dorothy Dress

As I mentioned in a previous post, I was working on a Dorothy from The Wonderful Wizard of Oz dress for Lucia's Halloween costume. She was going to be a witch until I found blue and white cotton gingham fabric. I had told her, "You know, you could still wear the silver shoes and be the Wicked Witch of the East before Dorothy's house landed on top of her," but Lucia did not think that was funny.

Here's the dress (Princess the blue dog plays Toto):



We saw four other Dorothy costumes last night, including a wee toddler in arms, but Lucia was the only Dorothy from the book, not the film.

4 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Oh, I'll bet she and her pigtails were so cute! What a great job you did, too!

Saints and Spinners said...

Thanks, Tanita! Guess who did not want ponytails because her hair was not long enough for pigtails to stay in....

Lone Star Ma said...

Darling child.

Jules at 7-Imp said...

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.