Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Fifth Annual 48 Hour Book Challenge

MotherReader is hosting the Fifth Annual 48 Hour Book Challenge from June 4-6. I'm not officially taking part in it this year, but I may be able to find rationalize some tasks this weekend that require taking 10 minute breaks here and there. Anyting that involves tending to the stove, for example, is best served by me staying nearby with a book. I'm in the middle of a number of books right now:

Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space, by Carl Sagan

Life as We Do Not Know It: The NASA Search for (and Synthesis of) Alien Life, by Peter Ward

Darwin's Universe: Evolution from A to Z, by Richard Milner (I'm really just browsing it at this point.)

LoneStarMa recommended Endymion Spring, which just came in, so I'll take a look at that too, plus a friend of mine just lent me The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat: And Other Clinical Tales, by Oliver Sachs. I am particularly interested in the first essay, which deals with prosopagnosia, a condition in which there is an impaired ability to recognize faces.

No comments: