Friday, April 10, 2009

Last Day for Contest Entries

The Contest is now closed. Stay tuned for the results, including contest winners, Minh Le's illustrations of the winning entries, and more.


Today is the last day to submit your entries to the The Unnecessary Children's Book Sequels That Never Were contest. At midnight Eastern Standard Time (which is 9 PM where I live), the contest closes and my work begins. I will send the contest entries off to the judges and work on grouping the entries into blog posts that form cohesive wholes. After the judges make their final decisions (after wrangling, arguing, and shouting), my co-host Minh Le of Bottom Shelf Books gets to illustrate the winning entries. We hope to have the winning entries announced by the middle of next week. Regardless of who wins, be assured that there are so many good entries that I am glad I am not one of the judges. I appreciate the time you took to think up creative, whimsical fictitious titles and descriptions. I also appreciate the bloggers who wrote posts about the contest. Many thanks to: A Fuse Number 8 Production, Charlotte's Library, Finding Wonderland, Jen Robinson's Book Page, life or books?, Live'nLearn, Practically Paradise, and Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast. Did I miss someone? If so, the Technorati search didn't pick up on it! If I inadvertently missed your blog post, please email me and I'll add you to the list of thanks.

1 comment:

Jules at 7-Imp said...

Right. So, this needs some fleshing out probably and folks may stop speaking to me and I really and truly do ADORE the Lilly books, as well as the fabulous protagonist, but the first thing that came to my mind was:

Lilly's Purple Plastic Hearse

In this emotional tale of loss, the irresistible heroine of several domestic mouse dramas is mourned by friends and family after a devastating marker-sniffing incident in the famed Lightbulb Lab. Having sentenced herself to yet another time-out in a self-made Uncooperative Chair in Mr. Slinger's classroom after being scolded for a bit too enthusiastically wanting to interrupt sharing time with her positively peachy purple plastic marker, complete with interchangeable nibs, Lilly's endless curiosity leads to tragedy. Don't miss this opportunity to talk to your children about the irreversible dangers of Inhalant Abuse.

***************************

I hope folks will still speak to me after that.