While I applaud everyone who does features for April is National Poetry Month, I must admit I've never felt the particular call to follow suit. For me, it's like eating steel-cut oatmeal 4 times a week for 48 weeks and then participating in National Steel-Cut Oatmeal Month. I know I'm one of the lucky ones, and there are people who have scant exposure to steel-cut oatmeal, but I have full confidence that other bloggers will make up for my slacker attitude.
I will be celebrating April Fool's Day with Minh Le of Bottom Shelf Books and whomever else participates in our contest next week. The "April Fool" is not that we're pulling your leg about putting your creativity to work and winning fabulous prizes, but that we want you to have a silly, fun time doing it without feeling like a fool. We're very serious about that. We promise not to tape a paper fish onto your back.... or at least, attempt the resist the urge. Stay tuned for details to come in just 5 days.
In the meantime, here's a diversion:
Presenting the "Interview With Your Daughter" Meme conducted on Thursday, March 26, 2009. Lucia's answers are in italics.
1. What is something I always say to you?
I love you.
2. What makes me happy?
You hugging and kissing me.
3. What makes me sad?
4. How do I make you laugh?
We would watch silly things together.
5. What do you think I was like as a child?
With brown hair and brown eyes and a black dress.
6. How old am I?
7. How tall am I?
This tall. [Hands stretched up]
8. What is my favorite thing to do?
9. What do I do when you're not around?
Say grownup stuff.
10. If I become famous, what will it be for?
Being a composer.
11. What am I really good at?
12. What am I not really good at?
Doing magic tricks.
13. What is my job?
14. What is my favorite food?
15. What makes you proud of me?
You hugging me and kissing me.
16. If I were a cartoon character, who would I be?
17. What do you and I do together?
18. How are we the same?
We both have brown hair and brown eyes.
19. How are you and I different?
You having pierced ears and me not.
20. How do you know that I love you?
Because you often hug and kiss me.
21. Where is my favorite place to go?
Your favorite place to go I think is California.
23. What do I love about Daddy?
Him working with the computer.
And there you have it!
Julia Larios of The Drift Record is hosting Steel-Cut Oatmeal Friday this week.