Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday morning silliness

The Onion has the scoop on the YouTube contest which challenges contestants to make a good video. The prize is 100 thousand dollars:


YouTube Contest Challenges Users To Make A 'Good' Video

YouTube director of public relations Martha Walfield said in a press conference, "The only requirement for our winning video is that it be somewhat watchable or provide even a shred of enjoyment for people other than those who made the video."

Thanks to tony.dowler.com for the amusement.

In other news, check out Tina Fey's Super Secret Crush, a.k.a. Minh Le, who just won an "I Heart Your Blog" award. Minh tagged seven other blogs, including my own (thanks, Minh!) but made up new rules so that we wouldn't feel compelled to continue the meme. It's a good thing, because I'm one of those people who spoils everyone's fun by refusing to forward on chain-emails and participate in memes that involve tagging. As BlueMamma, my niece, said once, "If it's important to you that the chain not be broken, don't count me as a link."

Last night, I revised "Green is the Color of My Merman's Hair" (my version of "Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair"). If it turns out well, I may post it at a future date.

6 comments:

ALittleGuitar said...

I wanted to say thanks for stopping by playalittleguitar. I just discovered the amishguitar yesterday and it's very well done. And now I must browse around in here some. Cheers!

Beth Kephart said...

Now. Wow. I hadn't heard about this!

Hysterical.

I think I'll post one of my literary/photo vlogs. What do you think? If I win, I will share the winnings with my blogger friends.

Jules at 7-Imp said...

I didn't realize Minh was dying a little inside that he hadn't written the Children's Books That Never Were series.

He cracks me up. I thank him for existing.

Saints and Spinners said...

Alittleguitar: Welcome! Thanks for stopping by.

Beth: With your winnings, we could host a Blogosphere Ball, and then Tina Fey's Super Secret Crush could attend with Tina Fey.

Jules: Minh has threatened to travel back in time so that he could get to Children's Books That Never Were before I.

Anonymous said...

Funny video! If only it were real. $100,000 is some great incentive. :)

Anonymous said...

Funny video! If only it were real. $100,000 is some great incentive. :)