Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Two carry-ons

I am already packed for the 2nd Annual Kidlitosphere Conference in Portland, Oregon. The reason why this is possible is because I'm the only on in the family traveling. Everything I need for three days is either rolled up inside a large orange handbag or in my travel guitar gig-bag. I'm sure I'll realize I've forgotten something once I'm on the train, but the important stuff is there. I packed early because I was concerned I'd forget the two signed books I'm bringing for the Saturday night dinner raffle: A La Carte by Tanita S. Davis, and It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini.

As much as I'm looking forward to meeting my fellow bloggers, I'm wistful that I will be missing my daughter's annual Michaelmas festival this year. I appreciate the school festivals that mark the changing of the seasons.

Next week, Bede and I get to see Robert Plant and Alison Krauss in concert. Finally! Soon after, I'll have my first storytime program with Pierce County Library System on Saturday, October 4, and a birthday party performance the next day.

6 comments:

Lone Star Ma said...

Wowza.

Vivian Mahoney said...

I am so jealous! Enjoy the conference and share your stories when you get back!

I'm sorry you're going to miss the Michaelmas festival and hope Bede takes lots of pictures for you.

tanita✿davis said...

jealous

Anonymous said...

You are going to laugh at the amount of stuff I'm bringing. I am a terrible over-packer, especially when I'm packing at the last minute (which is what I will be doing--I'm working until 9pm tonight and am getting on my flight at 6am tomorrow morning). I'm bringing my biggest suitcase, too, because I figure if I'm paying to check a bag, I am bringing the BIGGEST bag I can so as to get the most value for my money.

Saints and Spinners said...

Adrienne: I am guessing that you will have a fashionable pair of shoes for each day of the trip!

TadMack: Wish You Were Here.

Vivian: See above.

LSM: Yeah!

Anamaria (bookstogether) said...

How I wish I could be there! Next year, when it's in my backyard. can't wait to hear about it--