Monday, June 09, 2008

Art, work and compensation: an Aesop's fable revisited

I'm pointing the way to Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast again so you may read Jules' book review of The Grasshopper's Song: An Aesop's Fable Revisited, by Nikki Giovanni, illustrated by Chris Raschka. The crux of the review: "What is the worth of art? How does art improve our lives? How should artists be compensated?"

Congratulations to everyone who made it through the Third Annual 48 Hour Book Challenge. I didn't even attempt it this year, due to my previously booked weekend schedule. MotherReader plans to announce the winners tonight.

2 comments:

Lone Star Ma said...

Very complicated issue - now I need to read that book!

Timothy Carter said...

I just like that quote, seven impossible things before breakfast. In one of my favourite episodes of Dr. Who, the Doctor's mortal enemy tells him "For once, I mean you no harm." The Doctor replies, "I try to believe seven impossible things before breakfast." It's a good line.