Monday, April 30, 2007

Horn Book and the Kidlit Blogosphere

Fuse #8 has an article in the Horn Book on Blogging the Kidlitosphere. She also made a list of Kid-lit Bloggers to Watch. Oh my goodness. I'm on the list:

Saints and Spinners — Identified only as “Alkelda the Gleeful,” this librarian has a musical bent with many postings on songs, both in the library and out.

Thanks, Fuse! I can't wait to tell my parents. I'd like to extend a big welcome to readers who have found this blog through The Horn Book in addition to everyone else who has seen fit to return to S & S on a regular basis.

As a child, I would write stories, draw covers for them (stapled to the pages) and write pretend-blurbs on the back. Horn Book was one of the review journals listed and they always gave me great reviews for titles such as Face to Face With Death and Murder in the Mansion. I love The Horn Book: the reviews, the letters, the articles-- all of it. Check your public library for current and back issues of this periodical.

P.S. Just when I thought my morning couldn't get any better, Robin Brande informed me that I won chocolate. Has anyone ever had a better Monday morning? I know I haven't.

6 comments:

Vivian Mahoney said...

Wahoo!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on such a joyful day!

Anonymous said...

HORNBOOK! (Excuse me for screaming.)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

I'm on the list, too, which was such a lovely surprise. I squealed. I called friends. :) It's nice to be among such wonderful company.

Philip said...

Congratulations! That's pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Congrats!