Monday, March 05, 2007

Songs and Jammers

Phil and Tankgirl came to my 1st monthly Music Jam last night. Phil brought his violin and Tankgirl brought her harmonica. Next month, Tankgirl plans to bring her banjo. She said she was glad that we could just play music without having to get on stage and do shows. I hope that she will sing along to Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da from the audience next month when I participate in my guitar teacher's Spring 2007 Coffee Shop Jam. While there was originally no violin in "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da," Phil's violin accompaniment sounded good. I want it in the Coffee Shop Jam. (Phil, what is your minimum bribe?)

***
I promised Fishsuit that I would come up with a list of suitable alternatives to Old MacDonald Had a Farm in the hopes of swaying his daughter from requested that one song repeatedly. This short list is not all farm animals, but each song has animal sounds. Really, isn't that what you want? All this fuss about "E-I-E-I-O" is overblown. If you really want to sing out letters, BINGO will do just fine, and enhances memory-building. You've got to clap to keep your letters in order.

OMHAF alternatives:
Fiddle-I-Fee
I Had a Rooster
Nocturnal Animals
Down on Grandma’s/Grandpa’s Farm
Over in the Meadow
Water for the Elephants
What the Animals Say
When Ducks Get Up in the Morning

No comments: