*Not Credence Clearwater Revival
Here's a shout-out for Fuse Number 8, a children's literature blog written by a librarian at the Best Library in the World. I used to work there, so I'm biased. Here are ten of the reasons why I loved my brief stint at the Central Children's Room so much:
1) Working in the same room where Mary Poppins' umbrella was displayed.
2) When someone came in to get information on a book he or she was writing, chances were that I'd already read the author's previous works.
3) Hanging on the coat-tails of library luminaries to attend author/illustrator parties, including the 35th Anniversary of Where the Wild Things Are, and Madeleine L'Engle's 70th birthday party.
4) Walking by the display of the original Winnie-the-Pooh characters and seeing Eeyore smirking to himself.
5) Even if I never really had time to go to the Museum of Modern Art, I appreciated working across the street from MOMA.
6) Working during the time of the lovely Winnie-the-Pooh controversy.
7) Accidentally-on-purpose bumping into the cute reference librarian with the devastating smile.
8) Only having to work every other Saturday rather than 2 Saturdays in a row followed by one Saturday off, then 2 Saturdays in a row again. (Argh!)
9) Raiding the Annex for extra copies of books that patrons would otherwise have to wait days to receive.
10) My colleagues. I miss my colleagues.