Saturday, February 26, 2005

Too Much Talk

"Too Much Talk" is a story that takes place not far from the city of Accra on the Gulf of Guinea, in West Africa. It is adapted from the story "Talk," from The Cowtale Switch, by Harold Courlander. It is one of the stories I am going to tell this morning at my gig on Mercer Island.

November 22, 2009: I once had the story in its entirety posted here, but even though I adapted it, it's close enough to Courlander's that I am concerned about copyright infringement. I removed my version. However, you may read Courlander's full story here.

4 comments:

  1. My 8 year old son liked that one!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! That seems to be around the age when children get the jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED this story as a kid ... I read the hard cover book so much that the spine split. I kept reading it until all of the pages were loose

    ReplyDelete
  4. E. Daniel S: Thanks for commenting on one of my first blog posts! I've been thinking about giving this story another go, and your comment has pushed it to the forefront of my brain. I checked out The Cowtail Switch today, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! Kind words and constructive criticism are most welcome. I zap spam and delete comments of a trollish nature. If you believe I deleted a comment in error, please send me an email. Posts older than 14 days will have comments held until they are approved.